Hmmmmm.yah.okay... so New Years is right around the corner.
Time to set some goals to burn off all those calories we consumed over Christmas, right?
Time to make resolutions... and pretend we'll stick to them this year..?
My confession: I really avoid making resolutions/goals for myself.
Like, at all.
I dunno, maybe I just fear to make goals... and then have the sting of failure slap me in the face as I bomb the attempt(s).
But, I've never been a health nut, needing my weight at a certain number to feel happy.
I've never been a competitive athlete, needing my endurance to meet a check list.
Never required certain 'hoops' of myself to jump through.
I'm the kind of gal that takes life a-day-at-a-time... nice and easy like.
I'm still trying to decide if that's wise or not.
See, I get the intent of goals.
The idea of better'ing oneself... or, pushing one's level of discipline, commitment, endurance, etc.
Visionary people excel at this.
I'm just not a visionary.
Sure, I still have desires and dreams.
I just like the idea of being surprised by them along the journey.
Soooo, without getting too specific or scary... these are things I can resolve for the New Year:
1. Keep learning my man Ben... keep growing in love.
2. Be intentional in daily quiet times of prayer/meditation.
3. Eat chocolate.
4. Keep learning our kids, love and teach them well.
5. Get that girl to use a potty someday (even if it kills me...!).
6. Suck it up and get my dang driver's license already!!
7. Continue to show hospitality, inviting new people into our home.
8. Produce a new art collection to show/tour.
9. Host fewer pity parties (or just stop inviting myself).
Go to bed earlier... err, I already know I won't.
Ok, that's a good start.
I'm already feeling too committed here... which breaks me into a cold sweat.. and may get me committed to a ward!
So what about you, does this time of year get you cracking the whip?
To-do lists or don't?
Go easy on yourself, I still like ya!
Here's to a New Year, friends.
I raise my glass of Yuletide Ale and cheer you on!